Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

so, the thing about New York City..

don't let those movies, tv shows, articles and whatever's out there to fool you. I remember watching and reading a lot about NYC, particularly since SATC came out and blew my socks away! NYC is not as dangerous as they put it to be and it's certainly not as clean as in SATC or any other movie (risk being bitten by bed bugs or carrying bed bugs as you go)! It shouldn't be a City that Never Sleeps too (City of Bed Bugs maybe?)! Quite frankly, apart from those clubs/bars and eating place, NYC's pretty dead. But I must say though there's plenty to do there! At any one point you could be deciding which parties, events, exhibitions or whatever you want to head to. To make things worse, all of these are oh-so-very-exciting!!

HOWEVER!!!.... It's not about what you see, but how you feel right? Never judge a book by its cover! The people in NYC are extremely extremely extremely friendly! Particularly if you are holding on to a map and carrying some too-cool cameras! I met so many kind people giving us directions, telling us where to head to blah blah blah. One thing's for sure, New Yorkers love their city very very much. I can see why, really. Apart from the filth, it's got a lot of character and vibes to it. Perhaps the filth adds even more charm?

At this point, I must say, I heart Times Square, Broadway and Fifth Avenue!

Anyhoo, I should be talking about Fashion, shouldn't I? I would love to take pictures of actual New Yorkers and post them up. But I didn't as I didn't want to risk getting bash up or that annoyed look, so instead I'm gonna put up some links and perhaps videos.

Oh oh oh!!! Men in New York... -wink wink! you should see the smile on my face right now! I feel right at home with all my eye candy! Particularly SoHo! All the men in those slick geeky glasses and that I'm-too-cool-for-school look! Ho ho ho! Men in New York is nothing like those in Vegas (duh! Yes I get it) and LA. San Franc comes close to them. I'll tell you why the next round!

P/s: So I didn't get to rectify my technology issues. Arghs!

P/p/s: Mag and I are planning a flea market stall somewhere in Dec! With all our beautiful clothes you've seen so far! Watch out for the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment