Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Did U miss me? Part I

Hello! Should I apologise for the lack of updates, news, goods?

It had been a hectic start to a brand new year. For a while, we were very caught up in it - with Nicky starting all over again in a new different part of Australia, new place/new job and of course new friends! I too, was very much involved in my son's new school and PTA meetings!!! We were pretty much stretched out.

And very important, we had wanted to start you gals on a thought! After pondering for a while, we decide on the most often common peeve that we are often faced with. How often do we wake up in the mornings, and feel we have nothing to wear?

For me, well, I can safely say "Almost everyday!" And mind you! I do have a huge extensive wardrobe. And when I say huge, I really do mean HUGE! Try imagining a walk-in , plus another huge closet in the next room, plus more boxes in my mother's flat that is packed to the brim with all sorts of colors, trends, prints, cuts, designers, flea market etc!! Ok, don't get me started on this! It is endless!

A lot of my friends like to run through my clothing and nick a few items off me. Not that they took without asking, they do ask nicely - most of the time - and I have parted with a few favourites so many times! Like an emerald green cardigan, a Celine Tee, or a Marc Jacob dress - just to named a few.

Ok my friends say they loved my stuff and they would like to borrow it for a special occasion blah blah blah! And I lend without further questions. After a while, it is theirs with my blessing as I constantly need new space for my ever expanding collection of clothing next to my ever dwindling space!!!

Just imagine this - I prowled the streets of Shanghai dutifully every weekends! Without fail. And after a couple of years, I had this habit of going out each time and coming home with some new item. Needless to say, the husband is often baffled by all the paper bags and receipts lying around. It got so bad that I had to hide the precious items! Anywhere and everywhere!

I am sure by now you must be very curious and think how can I ever be out of clothes to wear? I too, am very bewildered by it. How can it be? Finally after spending weeks of pondering over all possibilities, it dawned on me! I hope you are still with me.

Are you ready for the answer? THE ANSWER IS VERY SIMPLE! The reason is .... I have too much clothes! And that is why I feel that I have nothing to wear! Unbelievable? Wait, before you start dissing me, let me share something with you. I had a schoolmate, who used to adored my dressing and had tried to imitate me. She had openly told me so! She likes the way I creatively pair burgundy shirt with brown shorts! How chic! And I was only a primary schoolgirl! I would teamed up weird combinations of colors, or use some ribbons I found at my mother's workshop to tie a nice knot! I was very adventurous. And of course the fact that I was tall and lanky helps. I could pull off most crazy ideas.

But you see, the reason why I need to be creative was to hide the fact that I have very little items in my then pathetic drawer. So if I will have to wear it everyday, without changing or adding any details or ideas, by day 4 everyone will know that  I have reached the end of my routine and the girls in my class would be laughing at me! So I have to constantly updated and changed the details of my clothes.

But as I grow up and found my lifelong addiction! I started to lose that magical touch! I buy items without much of thought, e.g. would this item add credit to what I already have or do I need to buy another item just to go with this? All rational thoughts had vanished! I would lovingly fingered through the fabric, stared at the cut and then buy it without much sweat! Oh my sin!

So please do yourself a favour. If you do find yourself asking the same question on most days, think about what I have typed. Does that make sense? I hope it does. And consider yourself lucky for I have reached enlightenment and am willing to share this with you. So you need not make the same mistake that I did.

As for part II... Well, to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment